It is Emilia Zeeland's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information
I may collect from you or which you may provide to me, in the circumstances set out below.
use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personally identifiable
information (“Personal Data”).
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
• I am performing a contract with you for my services; and
• I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I,
Emilia Zeeland, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about
this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via the contact details at
the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of May 18th 2018. I review my privacy practices on an ongoing basis, and
ensure you are familiar with its current content.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website www.emiliazeeland.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected
When you sign-up to receive updates, free content, including
eBooks and offers – Email address.
Data that collected automatically
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of
browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service
provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your
Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are
relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as
permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my
behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third
parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords
for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for
other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with
third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing
services or functions on my behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data
I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with
applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss,
destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
I will use and store your Personal Data only for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the uses
you. I review the Personal Data I hold at regular intervals and delete permanently or
anonymise any Personal Data which is no longer necessary.
This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any
Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15,
please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the
following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email emi (at) emiliazeeland.com:
• see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who
it could be disclosed to;
• ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask me to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I
reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible
with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for
the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will
explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Me
Email for Privacy Questions: emi(at)emiliazeeland.com